This beet salad tastes fancy but is SO EASY to make. You can make this salad with pre-cooked beets you can find in many stores, or you can roast your own; either way, this salad is flavorful, healthy, and perfect for dinner or entertaining.
*Make-ahead tip: pre-cook beets up to 3 days in advance, cover and refrigerate them until ready to use
- 6 medium, 2 lbs beets (roast your own or use pre-cooked)
- 5 oz 6 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese
- 1/2 cup peans, walnuts, or almonds (toasted)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Chopped chicken (optional)
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard,
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a small mason jar, combine all dressing ingredients and shake well. Drizzle over salad to taste.