This simple but flavorful shrimp salad is perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, cooked (warm or cooled)
- 8 cups salad greens (arugula, romaine, spinach, spring mix, etc.)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, lime, or 1/2 orange
- One avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced or diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 4 oz sliced almonds – toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the shrimp with the salad greens in a large bowl.
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil and a generous squeeze of the citrus, then toss lightly to coat.
- Add the avocado, onion, and almonds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes four servings