Wrapped in a crisp lettuce leaf, Strawberry Chicken Poppy Seed Salad makes for a healthy and fresh lunch or light dinner.
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed (rotisserie chicken also works great)
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1–2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/4–1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Leaf lettuce or butter lettuce
- Chopped green onion
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, strawberries, onion, celery, toasted almonds, and basil.
- To toast almonds: place almonds in a small pan over medium heat. Toast until slightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and poppy seeds. Gently stir into the chicken mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving option: scoop into a lettuce leaf or scoop onto a bed of greens and top with green onions and a few toasted almonds.