This is a great and healthy way to satisfy your burger craving! The best part is that you can have this ready in under 30 minutes and they’re infinitely customizable to take advantage of what you have on hand right now. You can even use ground turkey.
- 1 lb. ground beef (can substitute ground turkey or bison)
- 8 ounces leafy greens of choice (about 8 cups)
- Burger toppings of choice: Pickles, onions, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, bacon, etc.
- Optional:sweet potato fries or sliced sweet potato
- ½ cup Light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. diced pickles (or pickle relish)
- 2 tsp. dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. white or apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown ground beef in skillet and drain fat
- While the ground beef is cooking, divide the lettuce among 4 bowls.
- Make the Special Sauce by adding all of the sauce ingredients to a small bowl and stirring to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Top each bowl of lettuce with desired toppings then drizzle with Special Sauce and serve