Restaurant quality that you can easily make right at home, except it’s healthier!
- 3 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage (may substitute green cabbage)*
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage*
- 1 cup shredded carrots or pre-shredded carrots
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup oranges (peeled and cut into chunks or a 12-15 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained well)
- ⅓ cup slivered or sliced almonds, cashews or roasted peanuts
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Optional: Sesame seeds or chow mein noodles for garnish
*May substitute one 12-ounce bag of bagged coleslaw mix for cabbage and add an additional ½ cup carrots or snow peas if desired.
- 3 Tbsp. coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. ginger powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Combine cabbage, carrots, sugar snap peas, onions, and cooked chicken in a large bowl. Toss well to combine.
- In a small bowl (or jar) combine dressing ingredients. Whisk or shake well to combine. Pour over salad just before serving.
- Gently stir in oranges, cilantro, and almond. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy.