This healthy and delicious baked chicken and veggies are all cooked on one sheet pan. This recipe is simple and can be ready and off to the oven in less than 20 minutes!
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil of your choice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown or Dijon mustard (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped + additional for topping (could also use a mix of fresh thyme and basil)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1¼ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, tenders or thighs (if large, cut in half)
- 4-5 cups of chopped broccoli
- 3-4 carrots cut into skinny sticks
- 2 cups mushrooms cut in half or quartered
- small red onion cut into chunks
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to make the sauce.
- Place chicken in a zip-lock bag or container. Pour half of the balsamic sauce over the chicken. Toss chicken to coat and marinate in the fridge. You can marinate the chicken up to 24 hours ahead.
- Chop the broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, and onion. Note: Cut the carrots smaller if you like more tender carrot pieces.
- Place veggies, except for the tomatoes, on the pan and pour the remaining balsamic sauce over the veggies and toss, coating all veggies
- Place the marinated chicken on the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the tomatoes to the pan and stir the veggies.
- Depending on the thickness of the chicken, bake 5-10 more minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with additional chopped fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!