This recipe is easy to make and healthy. The whole family will like them, and the great thing about these protein granola bars is that they can easily customize them. Experiment with different ingredients and add-ins to make them your own! For instance, I made mine with dark chocolate-covered espresso beans, which made for a great pre-workout snack.
- 1 cup rolled oats – blended
- 1⁄2 cup flour (of choice)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Bad Athletics protein powder. You code: aftann to save $$ at checkout)
- 1/2 cup milk (of your choice)
- 2 tablespoon honey, agave, or maple syrup
- 2 ounces mini dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup nut butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add In Ideas: chia seed, flax seed, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, or shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a few drops of water
- Spread the mixture evenly in a 9×9″ baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes
- Let cool and slice into bars