These Banana Oatmeal Protein Cookies are packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals and come together with just three ingredients.
- 2 large (1 cup) overripe bananas (frozen and thawed is OK )
- 1/4 cup protein powder, flavor of choice (I use dark chocolate or peanut butter from Bad Athletics – use the code: aftann for 10% off the entire order)
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick oats (Either works—it’s a slight difference in texture, just don’t use instant oats.)
- Optional add-ins: sea salt; raisins, dried cranberries, dried fruit, nut butter, shredded coconut; cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, chocolate chips, nuts or seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or lightly grease it).
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Mix in protein powder until it’s not clumpy and stir in the oats. I like to add a pinch or two of salt.
- Spoon mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Use the back of a spoon to shape them into circles if you aren’t using an ice cream scoop. Flatten to desired thickness as the cookies will not spread during baking.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cookie.