This comforting autumn dish is super easy to make and only requires one pan. The tender brown sugar pork chops, caramelized sweet potatoes, and apples are the perfect combination of savory and sweet.
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 baking apples (like Fuji)
- 1 tablespoon oil (your choice)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash allspice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt (divided)
- black pepper
- 4 pork chops (1.5lb. each, about 1” thick)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- fresh thyme (for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line an extra-large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dice sweet potato into ¾” pieces and slice apples 1/4″ thick. Place in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
- Pour oil and maple syrup in the Ziploc bag. Add cinnamon, allspice, ½ tsp. salt, black pepper, to taste.
- Seal the bag and shake until everything is evenly coated in the dressing and spices.
- Transfer apples and potatoes onto the baking sheet. Do not discard the Ziploc bag.
- Roast the sweet potatoes and apples for 12 minutes, until they are just able to be pierced with a fork, but not soft.
- Place the pork chops in the Ziploc bag. Add ¾ tsp. salt, black pepper, to taste, and the light brown sugar.
- Seal the bag and shake to evenly coat the pork chops in the spice rub.
- Transfer the pork chops to the center of the baking sheet (push the potatoes and apples away from center)
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- tir the sweet potatoes and apples.
- Continue roasting for 5-7 minutes longer, or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 150° F.
- Garnish with fresh thyme leaves (optional)