Need a healthy breakfast option for those on-the-go mornings? Try making these Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies. Made with all healthy ingredients, these oatmeal breakfast cookies are soft and filling.
- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- ½ cup flour of your choice
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- ⅓ cup nut butter of your choice
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or butter
Mix-ins of choice (use what you have on hand, equalling about 1 – 1 1/2 cups):
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup pepitas (aka pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and water, stir. Set aside until it’s thick and creamy (about 5-8 minutes).
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice and stir.
- Next, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt the nut butter, honey, and coconut oil. Stirring until melted. Remove from the heat and add pumpkin puree and egg. Stir.
- Add the melted mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir with a large spoon until all the dry ingredients are mixed into the wet ingredients.
- Lastly, add mix-ins of your choice and fold into the batter. Scooping the batter up by large spoonfuls, place on the prepared parchment-covered baking sheet. Divide evenly to get 12-18 round cookies. With hands, slightly press the dough down to form a round cookie shape.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and firm to touch in the center. Remove from oven and leave on pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.