Theres nothing more satisfying than good soup. Vegetable beef soup in the Instant Pot is a cozy-comfy, satisfying meal when you’re short on time. Filled with veggies and tender chunks of meat, it’s easy, tasty, and versitile so you can replace the veggies for the ones you have one hand.
- 1 ½ lb. beef stew meat
- 2 Tbsp. oil (your choice)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes, skin on (Red, Yukon Gold, or Russet will work)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (may substitute frozen green beans)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to tast
- Select ‘Saute’ on the Instant Pot. Melt 1 Tbsp. oil in the pot. Season the beef cubes with a little salt and pepper. Add half of the beef and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes, then flip and repeat until browned on all sides. Transfer meat to a plate and repeat with remaining cooking fat or oil and beef.
- Place remaining ingredients in the Instant Pot (with the exception of green beans, frozen peas, salt, pepper). Stir, lock the lid into place, set the vent valve to the ‘sealing’ position, and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Allow for 10 minutes of natural release before flipping the value to the ‘venting’ position to release any remaining pressure.
- Press ‘Cancel’ then select the ‘Saute’ setting. Add the green beans and frozen peas and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste before serving.