This salad is healthy, and it tastes as good as it looks. It’s tossed in a flavorful peanut Thai dressing and topped with crushed peanuts, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Serve this salad as a light lunch or pair it with grilled chicken for a more substantial meal.
For the Salad:
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup of water
- 4–5 cups shredded mix of cabbage (any color), carrots, broccoli slaw
- 1 cup sliced sugar snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts, rough chopped + additional for topping
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger (may sub ¼ tsp ground ginger)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (may sub ½ tsp. garlic powder)
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Warm water if needed
- Cook quinoa and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Uncover the pot and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl combine the cabbage mix, snap peas, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, peanuts, sesame seeds, and cooled quinoa.
- For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients and whisk mix together well. If needed, add warm water 1 teaspoon at a time to achieve a smooth dressing like consistency. This will depend on the consistency of the peanut butter used.
- Pour dressing over the salad and stir gently to combine.
- To serve, top with chopped peanuts, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice