2 large sweet potatoes or regular potatoes
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a skillet on medium heat, add meat, chopped carrots, onions, peppers, mushrooms and minced garlic.
- Cook on medium heat until carrots are soft, about 12-15 minutes. Begin making the topping while the meat filling cooks.
- Once the carrots are soft, stir in tomato paste, seasonings, salt and pepper.
- For the topping: Steam or bake (at 375℉) potatoes until fork tender. Then add all of the topping ingredients to a food processor (or blender) and process until smooth. NOTE: If using white potatoes, mash them by hand rather than blending to prevent them from getting pasty.
- Transfer the meat filling to a casserole dish (9 x 9 inch dish will work) or cast iron skilet and top the meat filling with the potato mash. Dash with salt and chili powder.
- Bake for 10 minutes and serve.