- 1 tablespoon oil (your choice, used for
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans ~ drained (or your choice of bean)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Sauté onion, bell peppers, and garlic with meat until brown.
Mix in tomatoes, beans, pumpkin, and seasonings.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve topped with avocado, cilantro, crushed tortilla chips, cheese, or sour cream (optional).