[one_half]10 Ways To Avoid Holiday Weight Gain
- Workout first thing in the am. You will have more energy and studies show you will have less food cravings.
- Be picky!!! If its not worth your calories, don’t eat it!
- Just say no. Willpower is like a muscle. The more you work it, the easier it is to say no.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. We tend to eat more when we are dehydrated.
- If you have a party, send guests home with food. It’s the leftovers that do you in. Out of sight, out of mind.
- Weigh yourself once a week to make sure you stay on track.
- Limit your alcohol. The more you drink the less control you have over what you eat.
- Big dishes and big spoons = big trouble. Smaller plates and smaller spoons = smaller portions.
- Don’t stand by the food at the party unless you have incredible willpower. Just 1-3 extra bites can add up to 100+ calories.
- Everything in moderation. One cookie, one eggnog, one candy – not one of everything all at once.