- 1 cup packed baby romaine, chopped
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, chopped
- 4-5 baby carrots, chopped
- ⅛ medium yellow pepper, chopped
- ¼ medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 5 grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ⅓ cup garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbs sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs raisins
- ¼ avocado, diced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs spicy mustard
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- Combine romaine, spinach, carrots, onion, pepper, cucumber and tomatoes in an individual serving bowl.
- Add garbanzo beans, sunflower seeds, raisins and avocado.
- Combine vinegar, mustard and maple syrup in a tightly sealed container and shake well or combine in an open container and stir vigorously with a small wire whisk.
- Pour approximately 2 tbs of the dressing over the salad.
- Cover and store remaining dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.