1 cup nut butter or 1/2 cup nut butter 1/2cup pumpkin purée
2 Tbsp. Oil of choice
3 Tbsp. Maple syrup or honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
2¼ cups oatmeal
¼ cup flaxseed meal or flour of choice
¼ cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1½ Tbsp. chia seeds, divided
1/4 cup protein powder (optional)
1. Mix 1 Tbsp. of chia seeds with 3 Tbsp. of water and set aside to form a gel.
2. Melt coconut oil, peanut butter, honey, vanilla and salt together
3. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flaxseed meal (or flour), coconut flakes, and remaining 1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds.
4. Add cooled peanut butter mixture and chia gel to oat mixture and stir with wooden spoon, in a mixer or with hands (hands work best). Note: the dough needs to be mixed very well to come together. If dough doesn’t come together add 1 tbsp. of water at a time until it sticks together. You shouldn’t need more than 1-2 Tbsp. of water.
5. Mix in chocolate chips. Make sure dough is not warm otherwise chocolate chips will melt.
6. Oil hands and roll dough firmly into small round bites.
7. Store in covered container in fridge or freezer.