[one_half]This is super healthy & tasty! Avocados are an excellent source of of Omega-3 fatty acids which are important for good brain health, glowing skin and healthy hair.
- 1 ripe avocado
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tsp finely chopped mint, fresh (optional)
- 1 tbs freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- Red chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 4 slices of your choice of bread
1. Scoop out the avocado and use a fork to roughly mash it. Stir in the salt, feta, chopped mint, lemon juice & chilli.
2. To poach the eggs fill a large saucepan with water and the vinegar. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium. Using a wooden spoon create a whirpool in the water and quickly break the eggs one at a time, into the middle of it. An easy tip is to crack your eggs indivually on a small saucer first so you can easily slip them into the water.
3. Poach eggs for 2-4 mins depending on how runny you like them.
4. Toast your bread.
5. Assemble smashed avo on your toast and top with poached eggs.